Holiday home in France
LA MAISON DU BONHEUR
”La Mouline Sud” offers you:
- Living accommodations in a French ”mas”. A ”mas” consists of three parts: your living quarters, those of the owner and a garage where you can park your car.
- A balcony in the rear, measuring 17 m2, offering a beautiful view of the Lauragais hills. On a clear day you can see the Pyrenees.
- A spacious and comfortable living room.
- A kitchen area with gas heater, oven/microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, toaster, water cooker, coffee maker and food processor.
- Two bedrooms: one bedroom with twin beds and another bedroom with a double bed.
- A spacious and luxurious bathroom with shower, sink, toilet and bidet.
- A scullery with washing machine, ironing board and iron.
- Your own terrace with barbecue in front of the house.
- Garden chairs with cushions on the balcony and terrace.
- Linen is present; you only need to bring towel sheets.
- The garden area is 4000 m2.
- A swimming pool measuring 10 by 5 m surrounded by tiles; reclining chairs are present.
- A jeu de boules playing field measuring 60 m2.
- A large grassy playing area.
- Due to its location, ”La Mouline Sud” offers you sun throughout the day!
Gourmet dinner by arrangement by trained French chef
- Privacy guaranteed.
Sorry but we do not accept pets.
Saint Julia is just south of highway D1 which runs from Revel close to Toulouse.
From the direction of Toulouse on D1, turn right (south) at the second exit to Saint Julia D67C. Climb the hill, and turn sharp left at the top of the hill (opposite direction to the signposted way to Saint Julia village) - the road has no name, but you will see the garbage and recycling bins on the corner. La Mouline Sud is after 200 metres on the right.
From Revel on D1, after the village of Montegut Lauragais, take first signposted road to Saint Julia on the left (south) D67C and climb the hill, and turn sharp left at the top of the hill (opposite direction to the signposted way to Saint Julia village) - the road has no name, but you will see the garbage and recycling bins on the corner. La Mouline Sud is after 200 metres on the right.
- Local contact
- Safe for small children
- Washing machine
- Fenced garden
- Bicycles at the house
- Hair dryer
- With swimming pool
- Private pool
At the foot of the Montagne Noire (Black Mountains) in the land of the Cathars, alongside the historic city of Saint Julia.
Between Toulouse (40 km) and Carcassonne (60 km).
A 1.75 hours drive from the Pyrenees and 1.5 hours from the Mediterranean (beautiful sandy beach of Leucate).
The neighbourhood of La Mouline Sud” offers you:
- A beautiful landscape of hills dotted with fields of sunflowers and beautiful vieuws in the distance.
- A view of the Pyrenees.
- Beautiful cities such as Toulouse, Carcassonne, Albi and Castres with rich stores of cultural treasures.
- Historic medieval villages such as Saint Julia, Saint Félix and Soreze.
- The town of Revel at a distance of 8 km with its unique Saturday morning market.
- The Canal du Midi with its long and varied history.
- Many castles in the area.
- Wine lovers can visit various areas well known for their wines inclusing Gaillac, Cabardes, Minervois, Malepere and Corbieres.
RELAX COMPLETELY AT LA MAISON DU BONHEUR
- Meadows and woodland
- In or near a village
- In or near a town
- Near public transport
Restaurants, food & wine
Wining and dining:
- There are several famous restaurants located nearby as well as many less well-known but very good and quite romantic French cafes and restaurants. Your hosts have more than enough experience to provide you with excellent advice.
- At only a half hour’s drive, you find golf links in various places including Fiac, Castres, Toulouse and Carcassonne.
- Excellent locations for mountain biking enthusiasts, including those alongside the Canal du Midi and the Montagne Noire.
- Many hiking routes have been marked out.
- Excellent opportunities for surfing and sailing in locations such as the lakes of Saint Féréol and Ganguise.
- You can go for horseback rides in the vicinity.
- Shopping opportunities galore in the many local markets as well as the bustling city of Toulouse.
The following recreational and sporting activities are available nearby (maximum of 30 minutes by car): skiing, golf, walking/hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, water sports, mountain sports, hang gliding, tennis etc.
- Near hiking trails
- Near ATB trails
- Near riding
- Water sports
- Mountain sports
- Flying and gliding
The site is fitted out in such a way as to make it both comfortable and cosy for the visitors. The total surface area of the site is 120 m2.
Ryan Air offers discount air travel between various cities and Carcassonne which, if you book early enough, allows you to bridge the distance quickly and comfortably. At the airport of Carcassonne, various options are available for renting a car. More information can be found at www.ryanair.com.
Additional price info and offers
Cleaning fee, Towels, Bed linen
- Safety deposit € 200.00
Availability of 'La Mouline Sud'
Glenn Latimer has last updated the calendar on 31 Jan 2019
Do you have questions?Contact
Visitors of La Mouline Sud evaluate this property in the past 4 years with an average of:
Nico Andraed, Heidi De Smet from Harelbeke, Belgium,
From the Guest Book
"Hello - we all loved our stay at La Mouline Sud. It's a beautiful place to stayn with 2 lovely owners. We felt very welcome during our holiday. They gave us many tips about the area and the good and nice restaurants.
When we arrived my son said: "It was beautiful on photo but now when we're here it is even more beautiful." And so when your kid is happy then you're happy and your holiday is successful.
We had a wonderful holiday here, thanks
Family Andraed - De Smet - Nico, Heidi, Siebe, Jerina
29/7/2018 - 5/08/2018
Thanks for everything. "
Comment from Glenn Latimer
Nico, Heidi, Siebe and Jerina We enjoyed very much meeting you all. And we are very happy that you loved your holiday at La Mouline Sud. Safe travels and au revoir Glenn and Stefanija
Maarten Verbeke from Poperinge, Belgium,
see photo attached
Comment from Glenn Latimer
From the Guest Book: "La Mouline Sud is a very nice place to stay. The view from the balcony is magnificent! If you're looking for peace and quietness, Saint Julia is the place to be. The Gite is clean, comfortable and the beds are good. Carcassonne, Albi and Toulouse are only half an hour away. Glenn and Stefanija make you feel welcome. They gave us some good advice. Great swimming pool too. Family Verbeke-Lamond - Maarten, Kay, Arthur, Aude. July 22-29, 2018 We will recommend the Gite to our family and friends. Thank you Glenn and Stefanija." __________________________ Thank you Maarten, Kay, Arthur and Aude Regards G & S
Laura De Boos from Ertvelde,
We had a great time in a beautiful house
Furthermore the nature was wonderful and we had a great view from our terrace.
The owners were really friendly and hospitable.
It was a really nice vacation!
Comment from Glenn Latimer
Thank you Laura. We are happy that you all enjoyed your visit with us. Au Revoir, G & S