Holiday home in France
This traditional French village house is about 90 m2 large and suitable for four people. It was originally a barn and it the one but last house on the left in small dead-end street. The house is semi-detached and very sunny. Maison Mimosa has an empty barn next to it and no neighbours across the street nor at the back so basically it is detached and very private. Because of its elevated location in the Pezilla de Conflent, Maison Mimosa has beautiful views from all rooms and the public lawn/meadow on the surrounding hills with 'garrigue' (Mediterranean bushes and trees). Parking in front of the house.
Peilla de Conflent has its own swimming lake with sand beach and clear water which is regularly checked by the government and thus officially qualified as swimming water. Around the lake are mediterranean trees which provide shade. The lake is close to the village, only a few minutes walking from Maison Mimosa. It is a beautiful spot and ideal for relaxing in the sunshine and then cooling down with a swim.
Ground floor street side
You enter the house in either the living room (on the street side) or the kitchen (via the higher garden). A coat rack is available at both entrances. The living room has a large sofa bed (1.60 x 2.00 meters, good mattress, with 2 duvets and 2 pillows), a coffee table, two armchairs, a colour TV with satellite, DVD player (with a selection of DVDs for use by guests) , a radio-CD player, books and games, a reading lamp. In a separate part you will find a washing machine and a vacuum cleaner.
Spacious bathroom that opens to a balcony with a view, with: double sink, toilet, bath with shower facilities, storage cupboard, chair, drying facilities and hairdryer.
Bedroom with acces to a balcony overlooking the hills, a double bed (2 x 80 x 200 cm) with 2 flexible adjustable slatted bases (eg to read in bed), 2 separate wellness mattresses, 2 duvets and 4 pillows - 2 hard and 2 soft, 2 bedside tables with reading lamps, an electric clock radio, a chair, an antique wardrobe with ample storage space, an ironing board with iron and a cooling fan.
Second floor, garden side:
Spacious kitchen with modern kitchen equipment in terms of equipment, such as a dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, Senseo, electric built-in oven, ceramic 4-burner hob, extractor hood, fridge with freezer, juicer, toaster, sandwich maker, etc. Also available: two wicker chairs , teak table with 4 chairs, storage cupboard.
- Electric heating in all rooms
- Loading and unloading of luggage and groceries is possible at the entrance of the house. Parking is available in the garden.
- Fire detectors available
- Maison Mimosa is a non-smoking house
- No smoking
- Local contact
- Washing machine
- Pets welcome
- High chair
The kitchen is directly connected to a large public garden/meadow. So eating outside is perfectly possible. Garden furniture is available. Maison Mimosa is the only house on this elevated spot, so in principle guests usually have the meadow for themselves. The 'garden' has several parasol pines and is surrounded by Mimosa and Oleanders and offers beautiful views over the surrounding hills. Because of the high location the garden has sun almost the entire day.
From Maison Mimosa you can walk down the steps of the village and reach the river. A swimming lake with a sandy beach, surrounded by Mediterranean trees and shrubs, has been created in this river. Here you can swim and sunbathe.
Shopping can be done in Sournia (10 minutes by car) or in St. Paul de Fenouillet (20 minutes by car). In the neighboring village Ansignan (5 minutes by car) is a restaurant. Ansignan is a famous tourist destination in the region because of the Roman aquaduct. This also applies to Sournia. The city of Ille-sur-Têt is 25 minutes away.
Pezilla de Conflent is well lit in the evening and offers guests the possibility to make beautiful evening walks.
The village has a jeu de boules court, a tennis court, a football field and a spacious playground.
- In or near a village
- Near swimming water
Restaurants, food & wine
Pezilla de Conflent is a wine village. In and around this village you will find several places where you can taste and purchase wine.
The department 'Pyrénées-Orientales' (or French Catalonia) is the most southern part of France and is located at the Spanish border in Languedoc-Roussillon region. This area was part of 'Catalunia', the area to which Barcelona also belongs, until the end of the 17th century, and therefore has the same history as its southern Spanish neighbour. The Catalan influence is still very noticeable in building styles, festivals, the relaxed lifestyle and French-Catalan cuisine. This uncomplicated Mediterranean region with the most hours of sunshine in France (300 days per year) has so much to offer that only a few highlights are mentioned here. In Maison Mimosa, however, you will find travel guides, hiking maps and an information folder with brochures, city maps and information about objects to be visited, including route descriptions and fun facts.
The department 'Pyrénées-Orientales' (or French Catalonia) is the most southern part of France and is located at the Spanish border in Languedoc-Roussillon region. This area was part of 'Catalunia', the area to which Barcelona also belongs, until the end of the 17th century, and therefore has the same history as its southern Spanish neighbour. The Catalan influence is still very noticeable in building styles, festivals, the relaxed lifestyle and French-Catalan cuisine. This uncomplicated Mediterranean region with the most hours of sunshine in France (300 days per year) has so much to offer that only a few highlights are mentioned here. In Maison Amandier, however, you will find travel guides, hiking maps and an information folder with brochures, city maps and information about objects to be visited, including route descriptions and fun facts.
Within approx. 15 to 45 minutes From Maison Mimosa you can visit:
• Several medieval villages, castles and abbeys, including the world-famous abbey of St. Martin du Canigou
* The famous Cathar castles
• The lively town of Prades (15 minutes) with its beautiful Romanesque church with the largest baroque altar of France, the most famous chamber music festival of France (Pablo Casals festival in July / August), some museums and of course many restaurants and shops and every Saturday an organic famers (ECO) market
• The train station of the 'Train Jaune' (the Yellow Train, a spectacular mountain train, the longest and highest in France)
• The stalactite caves of Villefranche
• The fort of Liberia (Vauban architecture, Unesco)
• The thermal baths of Molitg Les Bains
• The 'Chimneys of the Fairies', a remarkable geological monument in Ille sur Tête
• Various sports facilities such as canoeing, white water rafting, horse riding, guided mountain hikes (also at night), four- wheel drives to the top of Mont Canigou (summers only)
Within about 45 to 90 minutes from Maison Mimosayou can visit:
• The open air thermal baths of St. Thomas
* Carcassonne (city of the Cathars)
* The beaches of the Mediterranean
• The capital of the Pyrénées Orientales: dynamic Perpignan( 40 min.). This fantastic city offers some good museums and galleries, varied programmed theaters and fantastic shopping centres
• Various attractions such as a butterfly garden, glassworks, winemakers, museums, including the intelligent museum of Tautavel where the skeleton of the oldest man in Europe can be admired.
• The outdoor swimming paradise 'Aqualand' in St. Cyprien
• The huge 17th century Vauban fortress in Salses
• The higher mountain region with animal parks and a few extensive ski resorts
• Côte Vermeille with the beautiful Collioure which according to travel guides is one of the most beautiful harbour towns on the Mediterranean
• Many attractions such as Sigean zoo, the seawater thalasso therapy center in Port Barcares, the coral reefs of Banyuls (with good snorkel facilities)
• The famous Cathar castles
• The city of Narbonne with its charming centre and magnificent cathedral
• Figueres (in Spain, just across the border), the city of the surrealist painter Salvador Dali with a truly absurd and spectacular museum designed by the artist himself
You can visit within 2 hours to 2½ hours:
• The red city of Toulouse with the spectacular theme park Cité de l'Espace ( see www.cite-espace.com)
• The Spanish metropolis Barcelona
• Carcassonne (city of the Cathars)
• The small mountain state of Andorra
- Near hiking trails
- Near ATB trails
- Near riding
- Mountain sports
- Flying and gliding
Daily bread service (six days a week)
Additional price info and offers
The stated rental prices include taxes and water use. Electricity will be charged according to use at 0.30 euro per KWh. The house is well insulated and all electric appliances are energy class A/B, so the costs are usually quite reasonable. Depending on the season ( use of heating) and degree of use between 10-25 euros per week.
- Safety deposit € 150.00
- Cleaning fee (compulsory) € 40.00
- Price bed linen per person (compulsory) € 5.00
- Price towels perp person (compulsory) € 5.00
Availability of 'Maison Mimosa'
Attention! Anya Niewierra has last updated the calendar on 13 Aug 2018
Do you have questions?Contact
Hein en Ursula Verschuur from Tilburg,
We waren de eerste gasten in dit geheel vernieuwde huis in Pezilla. De doop dus. Het huisje is echt met heel veel smaak ingericht. Alles is aanwezig en - niet onbelangrijk - het bed slaapt uitstekend. Dat de woonkamer onder is, de slaapkamer en de badkamer op de eerste verdieping en de grote keuken op de tweede verdieping was even wennen. Je liep wel eens de verkeerde trap op. Vanuit de keuken kun je meteen naar buiten en daar dan ook lekker buiten eten. Het huis voldoet uitstekend.
Pezilla is een klein dorpje. Geen winkels, de bakker komt 5 maal per week langs. Voor ons was dat om 12.00 uur. Bij de bakker integreer je meteen met de dorpsbewoners. Zij vinden het wel interessant dat er buitenlanders zijn. Er wordt heel wat afgekletst en later komen ze je van alles brengen ( heerlijke kersen).
Tip, als je aankomt breng dan meteen je eerste levensmiddelen mee. Kun je kopen op 15 km afstand, in St Paul de-Fenouillet of in Ille-s-Têt. Daar zijn goede winkels. Vanuit Pezilla doe je er gauw 25 minuten over (veel bochtjes).
We hebben genoten van de rust van de streek, er zijn wandelmogelijkheden, natuur is mooi en mooie tochten gemaakt naar de kastelen van de Kartharen.
Hein en Ursula Verschuur.