Holiday home in France
Welcome to Maison Jasmin, a romantic gîte in southern France, close to the Mediterranean sea, at the foot of the Pyrenees.
Surrounded by vineyards, peach orchards, palm trees, mimosa and lots of flowers, Maison Jasmin is a luxury village house with beautiful views on the mountains. The gîte is situated in an authentic medieval, largely traffic free village, in the most southern tip op the French region Languedob-Roussillon, near the Spanish border in French Catalonia.
This luxury, natural stone house (150m2, 2 people) was originally a derelict barn which has recently been renovated and the architect has managed to create a house where lots of natural light comes in. It is the second but last house on the right, in a car-free cul-de-sac. Because of its location, Maison Jasmin offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and gardens from all rooms as well as from the spacious terrace (36m2). Maison Jasmin has free WIFI.
Kitchen with living room
you enter the house via the open plan kitchen with living room. The spacious kitchen has been well equipped with everything you might need such as: dishwasher, microwave oven, coffee maker (regular and Senseo), kettle, electric hot air oven, ceramic 4-burner cooker, extractor hood, fridge, citrus press, toaster, etc. Plus an antique table with five chairs and storage cupboard.
At the entrance of the house is a marble table with bench and chairs so eating outside is possible. The living room has two sofas, a coffee table, large flatscreen television with DVD player (plus DVDs to be used by guests), satellite and channel television connection (Orange), books, board games, jeu-de-boules set and reading light. Pellet fueled fire place.
From the living room you go into the hall which has extra storage space as well as a coatrack and mirror.
The utility room can be reached via the hall, here you will find storage cupboards, a second kitchen unit with washing machine and dryer plus a second fridge with freezer, ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner etc. There is a separate wc in the hall.
Spacious bathroom with window overlooking small courtyard. Double wash basin, wc, roll top bath, separate shower, Finnish sauna, cupboard, chair, hair dryer.
The first bedroom has three balconies with mountain view, a double bed ( 2x90x200cm) with adjustable slatted bases, two separate wellness matrasses, two duvets and four pillows (two firm ones and two softer) two bedside tables with reading lights, electric alarm clock radio, relax chair, chair, antique wardrobe with plenty of storage space, cooling fan, desk with chair and bookcase with books, maps and information about the area.
Second bedroom, with mezzanine floor, one double bed of 140 x 200 cm. This bed has a Tempur memory foam cover mattress. Antique wardrobe, desk, portable air conditioning (so if desired it can be moved to the bedroom on the 1st floor). The large terrace doors open to the terrace.
The mezzanine can be reached via a fixed staircase. Here are two single beds of 80 x 200 cm each with electrically adjustable slatted frame and wellness mattresses. A flat screen TV with DVD player is also available on the mezzanine. If you would like to see the stars at night, a telescope is also present.
The house has a large, partly covered terrace with garden furniture: table with four chairs, four sun loungers, parasol and sink with hose. The terrace has a view of the hills as well as part of Mont Canigou. Due to its high location (roof) the terrace has sun throughout the day and is very private. Nude sun bathing is possible.
- Maison Jasmin has free WIFI.
- Electric heating in all rooms.
- Loading and unloading luggage and groceries is possible at 20 metres from the house. The street has a pull cart to transport groceries. Parking is approx. 40 meters from the house.
- No smoking
- Local contact
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
The medieval village of Estoher,
Estoher is a still unspoilt medieval village, situated in the lower fruit- and wine valley at the foot of the Pyrenees. Protected by the 'holy' Mont Canigou, the village enjoys a strong Mediterranean micro climate with lavender, oleanders, olive trees, mimosa trees, palm trees, cork oaks and a scattered orange tree, which means that the sunny terrace can often be used throughout the whole year.
Within walking distance are the so-called 'Cascades' of Estoher. These are high waterfalls with swimming ponds, in the river. The water comes directly from the Canigou and the size of the ponds varies, depending on the season and rain fall. In the summer, the ponds are used by the inhabitants of Estoher for swimming.
Estoher is very centrally located. So shops and restaurants can be found at a distance of about 5 minutes (and no difficult winding roads) in Marquixanes and Vinça. The prefecture city, nostalgic Prades, is 15 minutes by car and the regional capital, dynamic Perpignan, can be reached in 30 minutes.
Estoher is well situated for the many attractions that this particular region has to offer, such as famous medieval abbeys, thermal baths, the Mediterranean, ski areas, Cathar castles, museums and many more.
At a distance of 15 minutes by car:
* Estoher has bread service. Every morning (with the exception of Sunday) the baker comes by car.
* The cities of Prades and Vinça with many shops, restaurants and medical facilities (including regional hospital) are respectively 15 and 10 minutes by car.
* Marquixanes is 5 minutes by car. Here is a small supermarket (also open on Sundays) and a restaurant
* Abbeys, a large swimming lake with a sandy beach, swimming pools, fortified towns (Villefranche)
* Dripstone caves
* Vernet thermal bath
At a distance of about 30-40 minutes by car:
* Perpignan, 30 minutes, (capital of French Catalonia, many museums, large shopping centres, theatres, etc.)
* Mediterranean beaches
* The small ski resort of Mosset
* Thermal baths of St. Thomas
* Several attractions such as zoo, wildlife park, wine bottling, butterfly garden, glassblowers...
At a distance of 60 minutes by car:
* The open air swimming paradise of St. Cyprien
* The large ski areas around Les Angles, Font Romeu, Pyrenees 2000
* Sigean Zoo
* The seawater thalassotherapy facilities of Port Barcares
* The coral reefs of Banyuls (good diving and snorkeling possibilities)
* Cathar castles
* Côte Vermeille with the beautiful port city of Collioure
* Spanish Figueres, the city of Salvador Dali with the unique beautiful and impressive museum of this artist
At a distance of approx. 2 hours:
* The Spanish metropolis of Barcelona (2 and 15 minutes)
* Gerona (1.30 minutes)
* Narbonne (1 hour and 15 minutes)
* Toulouse (2 hours and 15 minutes)
* Montpellier (2 hours)
* Carcasonne (1 hour and 30 minutes)
* Andorra (2 hours and 15 minutes)
- In or near a village
- Near swimming water
Restaurants, food & wine
At a distance of 15 minutes are several restaurants with typical French-Catalan specialties on the menu. In Prades you will also find some 'foreign' restaurants, such as a Vietnamese, a tapas bar, an Italian, et cetera.
In the Pyrenees Orientales region you will find several wine houses. The region has: 7 AOC dry wines, 6 AOC natural sweet wines, Côtes du Roussillon (red), Côtes du Roussillon Villages (red), Colioure wines (including rosé). It is possible to buy wines from producers on the spot.
see surroundings text
- Near hiking trails
- Near ATB trails
- Near riding
- Water sports
- Mountain sports
- Flying and gliding
- Loading and unloading luggage and groceries is possible at 20 metres from the house. The street has a pull cart to transport the groceries. Parking at approx. 40 meters from the house.
- The village has a jeu de boules court, a football field and a playground.
- Estoher is located next to a river which is wonderful to cool off in summer
- Estoher is well lit in the evening and offers guests the possibility to make beautiful evening walks
- Fire detectors available
- You can do your daily shopping in Vinça (10 minutes by car), Marquixanes (5 minutes by car), or Prades (15 minutes by car)
- Maison Jasmin is a non-smoking house
- Daily bread service (six days a week)
Additional price info and offers
The stated rental prices include taxes and use of water. Electricity will be charged according to use at 0.30 euro per KWh. The house is well insulated and all electric appliances are energy class A/B, so the costs are usually quite reasonable. Depending on the season ( use of heating) and degree of use between 10-25 euros per week.
- Safety deposit € 150.00
- Cleaning fee (compulsory) € 60.00
- Price bed linen per person (compulsory) € 5.00
- Price towels perp person (compulsory) € 5.00
Availability of 'Maison Jasmin'
Anya Niewierra has last updated the calendar on 13 Jan 2019
Do you have questions?Contact
Jan en Paola Fernhout from Bazouges la Pérouse,
Wij hebben genoten van onze vakantie in Maison Jasmin. Het huis is ruim, comfortabel, licht en smaakvol ingericht. Je kunt heerlijk buiten zitten zowel voor het huis als op het grote dakterras met uitzicht op het sfeervolle straatje (voor het huis) of dorp (vanaf het dakterras) en op de bergen.
Anya bedankt voor de uirgebreide informatie en tips die wij van je hebben ontvangen m.b.t. wandelingen en uitstapjes. Aan de hand hiervan hebben wij al een klein deel van de prachtige omgeving goed kunnen verkennen maar...... nog lang niet alles. We komen dan ook graag nog eens terug om in één van jullie 'Maisons' te verblijven om van daaruit de Pyrenées-Orientales nog verder te ontdekken!