Holiday home in France
Le Cheval Blanc is a comfortable 6-person property at only 4 hours from Calais. It is a large house across a quiet golf course. Particularly suitable for a holiday with family or friends. Recently renovated in style, tastefully decorated, fully furnished and equipped with everything you might need. You'll feel right at home.
- 3 large bedrooms with comfortable beds
- 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets
- Kitchen diner with table Cor 8
- Living room with fireplace
- Spacious, comfortable, luxurious and silent.
- Wireless (complimentary), television etc.
- the owner live at walking distance.
Pleasant weather, situated in a rolling French landscape with beautiful views.
The house is well suited to enjoy with several families or an assembled group . The rooms are well insulated, you are not in each other's way and you don't have to 'make do'. Authentic details (including the original beamed ceilings) create the typical French atmosphere. The view over the landscape is phenomenal.
You have access to a fully equipped kitchen, living room with fireplace, radio, TV, CDs, DVDs, books, magazines, washing machine etc. There is free wireless internet, private parking and a large sunny terrace.
Description of all rooms with photos can be found on our website: www.lechevalblanc.info
- No smoking
- Local contact
- Washing machine
- Pets welcome
- High chair
- Hair dryer
Location: In a nature park, tranquility and space
- 4.5 hours from Calais
- 135 kms from the centre of Paris (1.5 hours)
- In a hilly landscape with weat fields and forests.
- Beautiful vistas
- Pleasant climate
- Clean air
There is no polluting industry in the area. There is hardly any traffic on the perfectly paved roads, ideal for walking or cycling. There are hiking trails between fields, where you hardly ever come across anyone.
Behind the house is a large walled terrace (with barbecue) where you can choose sun or shade throughout the day. Parking on site
- Meadows and woodland
Restaurants, food & wine
In the region
You do no not have to go far for interesting places. The region has a great variety for everyone, be it nature, historical or cultural. We selected some regional points of interest for you, you find them on our website: www.lechevalblanc.info
Since le Cheval Blanc is centrally situated between Paris and the Loire, Chartres en le Mans, you will find interesting cities in all directions. Wine regions, Loire Castles, and even Paris is less than a 90 minutes drive. Impressive monuments, shopping, musea, site seeing, it is all there.
Le Cheval Blanc is conveniently located for trips: Chartres (50,000 inhabitants, the world-famous cathedral) and Le Mans (200,000 inhabitants) are 45 or 60 minutes by car or train (direct line). Orleans is 75 minutes, Paris is 1.5 hours by car or train (direct line), Tours (Loire) is approximately 1h30 minutes.
Opposite le Cheval Blanc is Golf du Perche. The course is spectacular, rolling terrain with breathtaking views. Suitable for beginners and handicap golfers. It is so quiet that you do not need to book! Often you have no one in front or behind you. Within a radius of about 50 km are more 18 hole courses such as:
• Golf de Belleme, hilly terrain
• the nostalgic Chateau de Maintenon with its ponds and Roman viaduct
• Golf de la Bosse a nice quiet course with wide fairways, perfect for beginners
• Golf du Bois d'O, 27 holes a fairly flat but beautiful surroundings
- At 10 minutes all the shops for daily groceries and more.
- Huge supermarkets.
- Saturday morning a wonderful French market.
- Restaurant at 400 meters (good price / quality 3 courses € 20), bistros 10 minutes.
- Golf: Golf Du Perche, an 18-hole golf course 800 meters.
- Walking: Marked hiking trails with beautiful views. Large forests in the area.
- Cycling: sporty, tranquil and safe cycling on excellent paved roads with little traffic.
- Swimming: large indoor pool at 10 minutes
- Fishing: Fish ponds (including carp)
- Riding: outdoor rides
At about 20 km a new wellness centre with a hot whirlpool (25 m). Beauty treatments, massage, sauna, Turkish bath or a full day of pampering, including 3-course lunch in top restaurant Le Moulin de Villeray.
- At golf course
- Near hiking trails
- A large market every Saturday morning .
- Not to be missed if you love cooking and French life!
- Fruit, cheese, meat, game, fish, artisan sausages and hams, bread from wood-fired ovens etc.
- High quality
- Locals selling their own products. Pure nature.
- Traditional french restaurant at 400 meters excellent price/quality.
- The restaurant at the golf course (800 meters) has a good lunch (buffet), open for everybody, you don't have to play golf.
- Nogent-le-Rotrou (8km) has several simple bistros.
Additional price info and offers
Low season €690week (November - March)
Mid season €750/week (April, May and October)
High season € 860/week (June - September , school holidays, weeks with holidays)
Discount for 2 consecutive weeks 5%, 3 weeks 7.5%, 4 weeks 10 %.
- Made up beds, bathrobes, bath towel, towel set, kitchen towels
- Weekly change of bed linen and kitchen linen
- Wireless Internet
- Pet € 20/stay
- Electricity in low and mid season at cost price
- consumables like fire wood and coffee pads
Towels, Bed linen
- Safety deposit € 300.00
- Cleaning fee (compulsory) € 70.00
Availability of 'le Cheval Blanc'
Stephanie DELBRACCIO has last updated the calendar on 27 Feb 2019
Do you have questions?Contact
Visitors of le Cheval Blanc evaluate this property in the past 4 years with an average of:
Frans en Ricky Vial from Eindhoven,
Mooie, comfortabele woning!
Wij hebben met z’n tweeën 2 weken doorgebracht in deze mooie woning, echt van alle gemakken voorzien. Prachtig uitzicht in een rustige omgeving. Tegenover een uitdagende, niet drukke golfbaan. Ga je een beetje op tijd dan loop je praktisch alleen. Lunchbuffet in het bij de golfbaan behorende restaurant is een aanrader. Le Mans en Chartres zijn erg mooie steden voor een dagtrip, in Nogent-le-Rotrou (8km) zijn alle winkels voor de dagelijkse benodigdheden. Leuke markt op zaterdagochtend. Huis is niet geschikt voor mensen die slecht ter been zijn. Frans en Ricky- juni 2015
Ingrid en Dries from Roosendaal,
Wij waren in de week van oud en nieuw, met zijn tweeën en onze hond, in le Cheval blanc.
eerdere berichten in dit gastenboek hebben het al meerdere malen gezegd maar het is inderdaad een prachtig huis van alle gemakken en comfort voorzien.
Fijne keuken met een geweldige houtkachel, goede bedden, fijne douche en alles was netjes en schoon.
Ook in de winter vonden we de omgeving verrassend mooi en dat zal in het voorjaar en zomer alleen maar mooier zijn schatten we zo in. Je kan er ontzettend goed wandelen. Korte en lange wandelingen, door de velden of in de bossen, keuze genoeg. Dichtbij een uitstekende bakker en slager en ook bij de mega grote supermarkten ben je binnen 10 min.
De vriendelijke eigenaren wonen op loopafstand en doen er alles aan om het je naar de zin te maken.
Kortom, wij hebben een fijne week gehad!
Martin and Petra from HELLEVOETSLUIS,
We have visited le cheval blanc late June 2014. The house was wonderful, very comfortable and fully equiped with anything you can imagine,. The owners, Wim and Irene, do their very best to make the stay as pleasant as possible. Lovely sight from the terrace ove the landscape. The area of le perche is very suitable for walks in the country side. Chartres is closeby (30 minutes drive).
Barbara de Jong from Breukelen,
Everything is excellent 9 out of 10 Even if the weather is against you, it is a beautiful house where the living is good. Everything is alright and with the great wood stove the house is easy to warm comfortably. Bill and Irene are always there for you. A great house for the of us, but equally for two or three couples. For golfers there is a challenging and welcoming golf course at a few hundred meters.We definitely come back and then we first go shopping at the French market in Nogent-le-Rotrou.
Ferdi @ Barbara Oyen - June 2014
Ineke Jacobs from Oegstgeest,
A lovely house, super clean and nice rustic furnishings.
Back from a week of rest we found in France. Le Cheval Blanc is truly a lovely house, super clean and nice rustic furnishings. The house is really complete and we slept in fantastic beds. Very nice area! Farmers market in Brou, the Cathedral of Chartres and a day trip to Versailles. The week has flown. Bill and Irene, thanks for the hospitality. Ineke, Anton and kids - May 2014